We all know there are two different types of looks that come with a breast augmentation. While some patients wish to enhance their natural features and keep their augmentation subtle, others still wish to achieve the popular augmented look from the 1990s and early 2000s. Today, we wanted to share with you how to achieve your desired look, whether it’s more a subtle change or a more vintage look.
The Natural Look
Natural-looking breast augmentations have flooded the market in recent years. This type of breast augmentation aims to maintain as much of the natural look and feel of the breast as possible while adding enough volume to enhance the patient’s natural features. The biggest appeal to a natural-looking breast augmentation is that no one will know you have implants unless you want them to know.
How to Get the Natural Look
When considering a natural-looking breast augmentation, we encourage you to consider the following:
- Sub-muscular placement of the breast implants
- Choosing a moderate-sized breast implant for a subtle, yet noticeable enhancement
- Limiting the width of the breast implant to heighten a natural appearance
- Choosing a silicone implant versus a saline implant
- Nipples sitting on the point on the breast with the most projection
The Augmented Look
When we talk about the augmented look, what we refer to is the type of breast augmentation that was most popular in the days of Baywatch and Showgirls. This type of breast augmentation is often characterized by proportionately large breasts with prominent cleavage and a dramatic contoured effect. People we most often think of when we think of the augmented look include Pamela Anderson and Anna Nicole Smith.
How to Get the Augmented Look
To get a more traditional augmented look form your breast augmentation, we encourage you to consider the following:
- Sub-glandular placement of the breast implants
- Choosing large implants that are slightly disproportionate to your body
- Creating prominent cleavage without the use of a bra
- Choosing high-profile implants for a more lifted position on the chest
Remember, It’s Up to You
No matter which look you choose, it’s important to remember why you’re getting a breast augmentation in the first place. Dr. Harold Beam and his expert staff are proud to offer patients the results they desire and the self-confidence they deserve.
To learn more about what you can expect during your breast augmentation, contact us to schedule your private consultation with Dr. Beam. In light of recent events, we are now offering virtual consultations that allow you to get all of your questions answered from the comfort and safety of your very own home.